The Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Centers of Kansas and Missouri
Nationally recognized orthopedic surgeons – C. Daniel Smith, William Humphreys, Brett Miller, Corey Trease, and Brian Duncan – have joined forces to serve patients in The Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Centers. This exceptional team of specialists provide outstanding surgical and non-surgical care at eight locations throughout Northwest Missouri and Northeast Kansas.
Leaders in the orthopedic field
Proficient in the latest advances in orthopedic technology, The Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Center surgeons were the first to perform minimally invasive surgery, the first to achieve one-day-stay joint replacement surgery, and the first to carry out advanced arthroscopic procedures of the knee and shoulder. For the leading edge in orthopedic diagnosis, surgery and recovery care, contact your closest OSMC – in Albany, Bethany, St. Joseph, and Trenton, Missouri or Hiawatha, Kansas.
Advanced orthopedic care for speedier recovery
The physicians and staff at The Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Centers are very concerned about relieving each patient’s orthopedic concerns and athletic injuries. With many years of specialized training and medical practice, OSMC specialists offer the finest in patient care using the most advanced procedures to ensure a speedy relief of the physical condition. For information or an appointment to receive knowledgeable, compassionate service, contact The Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Center – the most trusted name in orthopedics!
Rehabilitation programs for injured athletes
Comprehensive care for athletes of all ages can be found at The Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Center of St. Joseph, Missouri. The combination of physical therapists, athletic trainers and an onsite MRI create the ideal setting for an outstanding rehabilitation program serving injured athletes.
Quality Rehab Therapy Services
Mosaic Life Care Outpatient Therapy provides quality physical and occupational therapy, industrial rehabilitation and sports medicine services in a friendly and caring environment. Our highly diversified, professional staff offers a great variety of services including treatment of musculoskeletal injury, joint replacement therapy, workplace injury, sports related injury, post-offer screening for industry, and functional capacity evaluation. With our state-of-the-art equipment for both treatment and functional testing, we are committed to one-on-one care for patients of all ages and with varying diagnoses. Our location to the lower level of the OSMC facility makes our quality and dependable rehabilitation services even more convenient.
3107 Frederick Avenue, Lower Level
1020 N. Second Street
Atchison, KS 66002
Wright Memorial Hospital
191 Iowa Boulevard
Trenton, MO 64683
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Hiawatha Community Hospital
300 Utah Street
Hiawatha, KS 66434
8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Harrison County Community Hospital
2600 Miller Street
Bethany, MO 64424
Third Wednesday of each month
8:00 am to 12:00 pm
705 N. College
Albany, MO 64402
Third Wednesday of each month
1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Brett Miller, M.D.
- KU trained Orthopedic Surgeon in private practice since 2004
- Member of the US Ski Team Physician Pool
- Former Division I (Iowa State) and Division II (Washburn) athlete
- Entrepreneur and developer of web based rehab software
- Founder and Developer of SportsTech Medical Network
- Corey Trease, M.D.
- KU trained Orthopedic Surgeon in private practice since 2005
- Dual board certified in both general Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Special interest in arthroscopy and Sports Medicine
- Brian Duncan, M.D.
- KU trained Orthopedic Surgeon in practice since 2007
- Team Physician for Missouri Western State University
- Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery KU Orthopedics 2007-2011
- C. Daniel Smith, DO
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency, Doctors Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
- Founding Member and Managing Partner of the Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Center
- Founding Member of the St. Joseph Center for Outpatient Surgery
- 20 year President of St. Joseph Sports, Inc.
- 19 year Team Physician Missouri Western State University
- Featured in Landmark Sports Illustrated article on ACL injuries in Female Athletes
- Bill Humphreys, M.D.
- Senior partner and founder of the Orthopedic Medicine Center
- Serving Northwest Missouri since 1986
- Endless experience and knowledge treating athletes and families for nearly 3 decades
- Cory Schrick, PA-C
- Orthopedic Physician Assistant for 10 years in private practice
- All-American and 4 year starter for Benedictine College
- Invited to private tryout with NFL teams
- 10 years sideline experience providing medical services to Benedictine College, Highland Community College, and multiple high schools.
- Brandan Sigrist PA-C
- Orthopedic Physician Assistant since 1999
- Athletic Training Internship with the Kansas City Chiefs
- Athletic Training Internship with the University of Kansas
- Dustin Helsel NP-C
- Certified Trauma Nurse for 5 years
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certified
- Jackie Ziesel
We are happy to announce Jackie’s hiring to our team. She has her Bachelors Degree in Athletic Training and will be sitting for her Board Examination in October 2015. We can’t wait to see her do great things for our team once she is certified.
- Benedictine College Varsity Letter winner 4 years
- 13th all time scorer with 1,000 career points
- Scholar athlete all 4 years at Benedictine
- Brad Durham
- Owner/Head trainer B-Fit CrossFit
- Level 1 Certified CrossFit trainer
- NFL (KC Chiefs) and college (Missouri State) football player
- Collegiate strength and conditioning consultant